Saturday, April 23, 2016

Handlebars, stem, and headset

This is an empty post to remind me that I need to post something about handlebars, stem, and headset

The handlebars I'm using are XLC Touring Multifunction-Bail HB-C05 bars...

I got these off Amazon for $16, with the order coming from Niagara Cycle Works.  I tried to order direct from them, but their shipping costs were higher than Amazon.  There was a bit of a kerfuffle - the sent me the wrong handlebars.  I called Niagara and gave them the part number I received and they sent out the correct item.  They told me to keep the first set of bars they sent me (I think return shipping and re-stocking costs were more than the straight bar wholesale price.

By the way, don't expect things quickly from Niagara Cycle Works.  Their order fulfillment is rather slow - particularly when compared to PricePoint or Jet.com.  Funny story - I actually got stuff from Chain Reaction Cycles (in UK) faster than I got from Niagara.  Both orders were over $200 and free shipping, but the Niagara order sat in their office for 8 days before they actually shipped it.


No comments:

Post a Comment